Thursday, June 09, 2005

GRENADE!!!

live grenade throwing is smth that i dread the most in bmt.

as a commander, you have to be at the frenade throwing bay to guide the recruits. Thank God that i'm still in one piece. Let me share one true life scenario :

recruit: permission to enter the bay sir!

me: enter

recruit takes up position and prepares to take out grenade.

me: how come your hands are shaking? are you okie?

recruit: sergeant tell me to tell you that i'm a very dangerous man...

my balls went up to my throat.

me: yeah, i can tell... just keep calm and think back on the grenade throwing drill you went through just now ok?

recruit: the practice grenade lever flew off as i removed the safety pin...

(for those who dunno, when the lever flew off, the grenade will ignite in 6 secounds)

I almost fainted on the spot.

me: okie... now let me show you how to hold the grenade carefully...

it's very impt not to stress such recruits out by screaming at them... after all my life is in their hands...

so after much practice..

me: THROW!

recruit threw the grenade successfully. I thanked God, Guan Yin, Allah, Di Zhu Gong Gong and the rest of them...

i survived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: